Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lion Punch Art

Happy Birthday Amy!  Today is my niece`s birthday.  She is turning 11!  It is difficult to know what to make for my niece.  She is not a very girly girl nor is she a total tomboy.  So I decided to try my hand at another punch art card I saw on Jackie Topa`s website. 
I punched out the blossom twice in More Mustard and sponged the edge with More Mustard Ink.  I also punched out another blossom using So Safrron (this piece was used for the paws on the sign).  Again, I sponged  it with More Mustard.  Using my stylus, I curled the edges of the lion`s mane up to give it some dimension.  I had some scrap So Saffron that was already embosssed, so I decided that it would be perfect for the lion`s face as nobody`s face is smooth.  I also sponged the edges with More Mustard.  Once all the pieces were sponged, I layered them using pop-ups.  For the paws, I had cut out one of the petals and layered that piece a little lower than the head.

I hand drew the freckles and the whislers.  Punched out the nose using the heart from the Owl Punch and the eyes.  I then added the wiggly eyes to give it the surprise expression he has. 

Mounted the DS paper onto cardstock, tyed the Baker`s Twine around, stamped my sentiment and mounted that onto Cherry Cobbler.

I think he is absolutely adorable!

Here is the recipe:

Stamps:  Delightful Dozen

Paper:  Pawsitively Prints II, More Mustard, So Saffron, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler

Punches:  3/4" circle, Owl Punch, 1 3/8" circle, Blossom Punch

Ink:  More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler Baker`s Twine

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful day,

~ Pat

1 comment:

essay-writings-service.com said...

I really had a great time with your post! I am looking forward to read more blog post regarding this! Well written!